Zone Your Way to Comfort
Do some rooms feel a tad too warm or a bit too breezy? It might be your Bainbridge Island home telling you something: you need a zone control system.
What Is a Zone Control System?
Zone controls are a series of dampers retrofitted in your ductwork, coupled with thermostats. They block or permit air from entering customized zones throughout your home. Zoning allows you to control different temperatures in different parts of your home.
Our team at Dana’s Heating & Cooling can install, replace, repair, or maintain your next zone control system. Call us today for a free consultation—we offer convenient financing to make it easy for you to create a healthy home.
How Does Zoning Improve My Home Comfort?
With a standard heating, ventilation, and airconditioning (HVAC) setup, your thermostat provides a temperature reading for just one room in your home. That’s a pretty limited sample. Other areas may add or subtract a few degrees, like spaces with large windows or basements.
Around 50 percent of your energy bill goes toward heating and cooling, according to the US Department of Energy (DOE). Zone controls empower homeowners to stop heating or cooling in rooms they aren’t using, saving on utilities each month.
Zoning offers you an intelligent and effective way to enhance your home comfort experience.
How Big Is a Zone?
You decide! The zone is as small or large as the owner wants it to be. It can be as small as one room or as big as a whole floor. One of our Dana’s Heating & Cooling specialists can also help you find the most efficient way to divide your home into zones.
How Do I Know if I Need a Zone Control System?
If you’re wondering whether a zone control will make your home life more comfortable and convenient, the answer is almost always yes. However, they are especially helpful in these circumstances:
- You live in a home with multiple floors.
- You have a sprawling ranch-style home with lots of square footage.
- You have special-use rooms like an indoor gym, pool or garden.
- Your home sits on a concrete slab.
- You have fully furnished rooms in your attic, basement, or garage.
- Your home has tall ceilings or wide-open spaces.
- Your home has big windows that let in lots of sunlight.
How Can Zoning Save Me Money?
A zone control system cuts costs in three ways:
1. You’ll use less energy. By dividing up your home into zones, you’ll only heat or cool the rooms you’re using. When paired with a smart thermostat, you can set up an automated heating and cooling cycle that fits your needs. This can help you achieve even higher efficiency.
2. You’ll cut your HVAC equipment a break.It’s no secret that furnaces, heat pumps, and air conditioners are hard workers. When you increase efficiency with zone control, the equipment doesn’t have to work as hard. Coupled with proper maintenance, you can extend its lifespan.
3. You’ll stop fiddling with the thermostat. With multiple zones, you no longer need to keep tabs on which family members are guilty of constantly adjusting the thermostat. With separate zones, everyone is happy.
Request heating and cooling service today!
Whether you need a new air conditioner installed or your pesky old furnace repaired—or want to learn more about zoning, our team at Dana’s Heating & Cooling is ready to help. Call our Bainbridge Island, WA, office at 360-226-7369 or request service online today.